The time has passed when one person worked in one company or department all his/her life. People are more competitive and ambitious these days, they are more educated, have an acquainted amount of experience and talent which they bring to their workplace. Internet and technology have played a vital role; employees now keep themselves upgraded with the latest tech needed for their industry/role.
So, how do find your perfect job in this competitive and widely growing world market these days??? Here are a few tips that might help you!
Companies have become more organized than ever, every company has an HR Department who works to decide the role of a certain position and unless and until its 90% match, you will not be hired.
If you are applying through an agency, you can request them about the Job description. When you apply for the position that matches your profile almost exactly, you have higher chances of getting shortlisted and getting hired by the company later.
Many candidates apply for anonymous positions regularly without reading the Job description or other details and keep waiting to hear from the recruitment companies or through the portals they have applied to. Applying for unsuitable jobs may end up getting your precious CV in the Junk. ( it may seem harsh but it is a bitter truth)
4. Nationality BarrierSome companies/owners decide on which nationalities they would like to recruit for any particular position. It depends on their experience, culture, and point of view. Some believe special skills are associated with some nationalities, some believe it's favoritism and finally, some companies prefer particular nationalities because of the legalities of the country!
When you apply for jobs, make sure you dont avoid the Nationality barrier, the Job Board you saw the ad on and the Consultant wont be able to help you if the position has been generated by the company.
5. Languages Required:Some jobs would require knowledge of the language for the specific region/geographical area to cater to the clients. Make sure you know those languages, as you may be turned down just because of that.
6. Make sure you are applying for the same Industry Jobs: Companies hire a person to delegate responsibilities and not to teach them. Search a suitable hotel or restaurant jobs throughHozpitality.com
An IT Engineer who worked for numerous numbers of years is now looking for a change and is considering moving anywhere, regardless of industry or location. But please keep in mind, if a hotel is looking for an IT Manager, they would only need a person who has worked in the hotels before and knows how the hotel IT works.
If a person works in the financial sector and wants to apply for a new position, make sure you are applying in the same sector and for the same role, the company is looking for.
7. Do some research about the company before Face to Face interview: Make sure to research the company and their culture before you go meet the employer as it always gives a positive impression about you and your interest in joining the company.
8. Last but not least work on the CV: Make sure your CV is presentable, includes a photo, current contact details( on the top of the page ) and your experience is well described and professionally designed. For assistance with your CV design, you can visithttps://www.hozpitality.com/cv-design.cms.asp